Workplace safety is not only important to minimize the risk to employees of being seriously injured, but also to mitigate your potential for lawsuits and/or costly property damages.
First, let's identify some of the most common causes of injuries around the workplace:
- Slips, trips, and falls -- Approximately 25% of all reported workplace injury claims each year are made because of slips, trips, and falls. In total, around 12,000 workplace injuries each year are caused by slipping, tripping or falling.
- Vehicle accidents -- On job sites where vehicles are present, vehicular incidents can cause all kinds of injuries and even fatalities. When a driver operates a vehicle, they need to be completely aware and fully knowledgeable on how to properly handle such machinery.
In addition to being aware of what is causing these workplace injuries, it's just as important to know how to prevent them from happening. Here are some tips for minimizing risks involved with workplace dangers:
- Make sure stairs are clear of debris and covered with anti-slip protection such as Safe Way Traction’s stair treads, step covers and stair nosings.
- Improve traction in work areas and in traffic areas/walkways with non-skid tape - Traction tape is a must on just about every worksite. Not only will it improve safety (both pedestrian and machinery), you can use it to call attention to hazardous or slippery areas.
- Mark hazardous areas with reflective tape – Safe Way Traction’s fluorescent reflective tape is available in many colors and has superior visibility and reflective properties – making it ideal to call attention to dangerous areas.
- Clean up spills right away and mark off any wet areas completely.
- Hold workplace safety seminars -- One of the best ways to prevent workplace injuries is to train your entire staff on potential dangers and safety procedures. Make sure new employees are oriented on safety procedures as part of their on-boarding or orientation.
If you want to learn more about keeping your facility and employees safe or find quality non slip solutions, contact Safe Way Traction right away.