Non-slip Deck, Step & Walkway Strips - In Stock
Non-slip Deck, Step & Walkway Strips - In Stock
Our non-slip deck, step and walkway strips completely and safely cover surfaces providing slip resistance, durability and a permanent anti-slip solution. Safe Way Traction strips are constructed of fiberglass coated with a proprietary blend of mineral abrasive epoxy grit.
Lightweight, easy to apply and perfect for just about any structurally sound surface
- Light Grit for residential, recreational and light industrial applications
Helps reduce slips & falls on a variety of surfaces
Indoor and outdoor applications
Permanently fasten with screws and adhesive
Great for areas that anti slip tape will not stay adhered due to environment
Install any time of the year with screws
Colors: black, brown, tan, gray & yellow
- Width of 2" & 4" in lengths of 36" or 48"
- Please contact us to order 4" Yellow, pool blue & white
- Deck strips are not a weight bearing material and should only be applied to sound structures.
- Fill any cracks, holes or depressions prior to installation.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, rust or any other foreign surface.
- It is recommended that any painting or refinishing of surface be completed prior to installation.
- Appropriate personal protection equipment: safety glasses, dust mask, gloves, ear protection, etc.
- Tape measure, marking tool
- Drill with proper bit size
- Sandpaper, acetone, de-natured alcohol
- Adhesive sealer and fasteners (see below)
Drill Bit Required
Stainless Steel, 1"-1.5" long
Masonry Screw with anchor if needed
Stainless Steel, 1"-1.5" Self Tapping
HOW TO INSTALL
- Install deck strips on any structurally sound, clean, smooth and dry surface. Concrete: Fill and patch all holes making the step surface flat and smooth. If step is bowed use a cement filler to ensure the step is level. Wood: Replace any areas of wood this are bowed or severely worn, creating a flat, smooth, level surface. Metal: Remove any flaking rust or paint. Make certain that the surface is level and smooth.
- Use a combination of adhesive and mechanical fasteners to ensure a safe and secure installation. If necessary, use proper anchor to achieve fastening to surface.
- Determine placement of deck strips - side and edge holes should be predetermined and should not exceed a spacing of 18 inches between holes. Safe Way recommends a spacing of 12 inches on center on highly traveled areas.
- Using proper drill bit size, drill pilot holes through the deck strip into the surface.
- Using sandpaper, lightly scuff the underside of the deck strip and remove surface dust by wiping with de-natured alcohol and allow to dry. This will assist in creating a proper bond with the adhesive.
- Apply a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch bead of adhesive to the underside of the deck strip around the entire perimeter, being careful not to get too close to the edges. Do not apply adhesive over the pre-drilled holes.
- Position the deck strip, carefully aligning the pre-drilled holes with the pilot holes.
- Insert appropriate screw and tighten.
- Clean any excessive adhesive as recommended by the sealant manufacturer.
Deck strips can be cleaned by sweeping, using a general purpose industrial floor cleaner, stiff bristled brush or pressure sprayed up to 1000 psi.
Examples of use:
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW
- Most orders ship between 1 and 5 business days unless otherwise stated.
- See description section of product marked in RED for additional information if applicable.
- Items may ship via US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx or other carriers.
- Products may ship from different warehouse locations - based on the item ordered.
- Shipping Options are calculated during the checkout process.
- Hawaii, Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico & Canada: UPS is the only shipping for heavy weight items (Tuff Coat products, fiberglass treads, aluminum treads, etc.). Contact us with questions.
- Canada: Please check with your Customs Office as duty and import charges are not included in the shipping cost.
- Back ordered Items - If an Item becomes back ordered you will be notified regarding the estimated ship date.
If there is an exception to your order we will notify you via email.
Once your order is processed, shipping confirmation with tracking information will be emailed to you.
Prior to the application of any product, buyers must contact us to initiate a return within 14 days of receiving an item. On any returned item, Safe Way Traction will refund the cost of the item minus shipping and handling charges. Up to a 20 % restocking may apply.
TUFF Coat products ship directly from the manufacturer and are not returnable.
Custom orders are non-returnable.
No merchandise is to be returned without first contacting Safe Way Traction. Any authorized return merchandise must be carefully packed and in the same condition received. All returned merchandise must be shipped insured and freight prepaid. Some items may not be subject to return including, but not limited to, custom orders, discontinued items and large quantity orders. NO PARTIAL RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED.